Monday, March 12, 2012

Naming my Blog

I don't think of mortality a lot. Maybe I am now because I just did my taxes.

At any rate, it's sort of an odd redo of my late teens and early 20's. 'What do I want to do when I grow up' has morphed into 'What do I do with the time I have left?'

Long ago, it was the wide expanse of endless possibilities.

At this junction of my life it seems to be 'Save for retirement' or 'Experience what I want out of life while I'm still able to'

Grace mused about how many healthy years she had left, and I got to thinking how many years I have left~ my dad died in his mid 50's, my beloved mother in her late 70's. If I cast further in the family tree, my grandparents lived into their early 80's, and many aunts and uncles are flirting with 90+! So I gave myself a solid 80 year life span, and doing some 3rd grade math, figured at the start of this blog, at 53 years of age, I was 2/3's of my quest for the big 8-0.

Hence, pull up a chair and make yourself comfy. And welcome to the last 3rd of my Life.

I have cookies.


No comments: